Monday, April 20, 2009

Writer's Block


I started working on my essay an hour ago and there's really no indication of progress. In fact, I think if a negative word count applied, this would be the perfect context. I'm working on writing my essay for teaching English in Korea and it's going no wheres. In fact, it hasn't been going anywhere the past 3 or 4 times I've attempted to write something. One would surmise that if the task is not going so well, maybe I should really question my intent/interest for wanting to teach English in Korea. Maybe the fact that I cannot find the words to answer the question is, in and of itself, my answer.

But it's not the answer. The past few weeks have been filled with a lot of thought revolving around where I want to take the next few months - where do I want to go? What do I want to do? With whom? They're common enough questions with hard to find answers that not even a sober evening at home with Sigur Ros offered inspiration. Somewhere though I've found motivation to move on, to focus. Yes, shocking. I hope you're still sitting steady.

So I end this here and move on to read, 'On Leaving Bachelorhood' - a short piece suggested by the instructor of the non-fiction writing class I'm taking. Week 2 is Wednesday. Let's see what I can find amongst the recommended reading and a few musings of my own.

No comments: